|Terms and Conditions|
In these conditions of sale:
• Gardenclever.com is the online trading website of Sporting Surface Supplies Ltd (the company.) Registered address: Greenacre, Alma Road, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0DN. Company No: 2688081. VAT reg no: 602 3637 72
• Any correspondence should be addressed to:-
• The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of goods or services.
• Delivery means delivery of the goods by the company (or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.)
These conditions can only be modified by variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
The placing of an order online will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
2. Supply of Products
The sale of goods is made under the express understanding that:
1. Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
2. The customer is fully made aware of conditions of sale regarding natural products. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations.
3. All sizes quoted are approximate.
4. The company requires any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 5 working days after the complaint has be logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price.
5. All prices quoted by the company for the sale of goods include the cost of delivery unless otherwise stated.
6. Customers may pay by credit card/debit card or cheque. If paying by card please note that your card will normally be charged at the time your order is placed (or shortly after.) If you wish to pay by cheque please send it with a print out of your order confirmation to the company’s Smallfield address. Your order will be processed as soon as your cheque has cleared.
7. In the unlikely event that goods are out of stock or unavailable, the company will notify the customer by email within 24 hours of the order being placed and payment will not be taken at this stage.
8. All delivered goods shall be at the customers risk from the time of of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the goods from whatever cause arising.
9. Please note that most deliveries will arrive on wooden pallets (including Bulk Bags and Sleepers.) Safe disposal of these pallets is the responsibility of the customer.
1. The company will make every effort to deliver on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
2. Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon unencumbered access and good roads to the point of delivery for the company's vehicles.
3. The company will not accept any damage liability to property caused during delivery.
4. If the company, or its subcontractor cannot gain access to the delivery address then further costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the responsibility of the customer to notify the company if there may be a problem with access. In such cases where delivery, in the opinion of the company is impossible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. Notification of potentially problematic access must be made at the time of placing the order.
5. Some delivery vehicles use tail lift vehicles with pallet trucks to offloading goods. It is vital that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is then used to manually manoeuvre goods from the tail lift to a safe delivery point on the ground. This should be a level tarmac, block or concrete area that is free from obstructions. The customer, or somebody appointed by them, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to move the goods from the delivery point to the area of intended use.
4. Cancellation/Returns Policy
1. The customer has the right to cancel any product or services except degradable goods that are listed in point 4 below. Any cancellation must be made within 7 days from the date of the order being placed.
2. Customers are required to return the goods at their own expense to Sporting Surface Supplies Ltd, Hathersham Lane, Smallfield, Surrey, RH6 9JG within 7 working days of delivery.
3. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any products to be returned are sent in “As New” condition. Goods returned to the company that have been damaged may incur extra charges.
4. Degradable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005
5. Degradable goods are Soils, Loams, Certain Composts, Dried Products, Top Dressings, Grass Seed and Salt based products. All other goods are non-degradable
6. Your rights to cancel may be exercised by one of the following methods:
By Email to:- email@example.com
By Fax to:- 01342 844180
By Letter to:- Gardenclever.com, Hurstridge, Hathersham Lane, Smallfield, Surrey, RH6 9JG. Letters will be considered to have been received two working days following the postmark date.
5. Alterations To An Existing Order
Any alterations to an existing order must be made before goods are despatched. This can be up to three working days prior to actual delivery. The company cannot change an order once it has been despatched.
6. Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Saturday and Sunday are not working days.
7. Consequential Losses
The company will not be responsible for any consequential losses including loss of profit, contract, savings, goodwill, wasted expenditure or loss of revenue. They will only be responsible for losses suffered as a result of breach of these conditions which would have been reasonably foreseeable by both the customer and the company when the contract was formed.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights